Winter hiking tour to impressive Rtanj Mountain. It is our unique mountain with a three-side pyramid on the top, almost the right shape.
We are taking you on a Christmas ascent to the highest peak Šiljak at 1565 m. This tour is a challenge, only for the physically fit. We go to the top on the north side of the mountain, which is particularly beautiful and interesting, due to the coniferous forest and rocky sections at the ridge.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h (Belgrade)|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour on Rtanj with a licensed hiking guide
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
Mandatory equipment for the winter ascend to Rtanj:
- Deep and warm hiking boots and gaiters, ice crampons, layered clothing, warm for winter ascent (winter jacket, hat, beanie, gloves, active clothes), winter hiking pants or ski pants, waterproof hiking backpack, hiking poles, headlamp, spare clothes. You must bring enough water (1.5 l), one meal, energy bars, fruit.
- Information about the hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend: oko 1200 m
- Total descend: 970 m
- Category: moderate to challenging, on the ascent to the top, we will go on the north side, and the descent is on the south side of Rtanj, hking is on forest paths and rocky sections on the ridge
- Duration: around 7h-8h with breaks
Physical requirements: a solid physical readiness is needed for hiking tour at Rtanj This hiking tour is not recommended for people with poor physical condition and / or health problems. A guide reserves the right not to take people with inadequate equipment on the tour.
- The tour is organized for at least 18 registered passengers.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4400 dinars.
- Own transportation: for this tour own transport is not possible, because the starting and ending point of the hiking tour is not the same.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions or an insufficient number of registered passengers, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
- Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The three-sided pyramid, almost the right shape of its highest peak Siljak, makes the Rtanj mountain unique. Siljak is high 1565 m.
The meaning of the name of the mountain itself, which is believed to have originated from the old civilization of Artania, which inhabited the area of Rtanj, instilled in the people the belief that Rtanj is a healing mountain. The special healing powers of Rtanj herbs help to heal wounds and cuts faster and to recover vital energy. The most famous of them is Rtanj tea (Satureja montana).The symbol of the mountain is also an endemic species, Rtanj mint, which grows only there. The gigantic three-sided pyramid, with various flora and fauna, numerous natural springs, and springs, is overgrown with wild fir forest on the northern slopes.
At the foot of Rtanj is a park-forest, unique in Europe, with about 150 species of trees and shrubs. Mixed forests of fir and beech are predominant in Rtanj, and their particularly interesting inhabitants are large blue butterflies, short-legged lizards, fairy cavalry, and many species of birds. In the pastures and meadows, there is often hawthorn bush, wild rose, steppe almond... There is a growing number of mountaineers who see it as a real challenge regardless of the time of year or the weather.
Amazing stories circulate about Rtanj, the mountain of salvation, the mountain of aliens, the generator of energy, a place visited by strange beings.
In 2012, when it was announced that there would be an apocalypse and the end of the world, Rtanj became known beyond the borders of Serbia. A number of foreign media then reported that Mount Rtanj would be one of the few in the world to be bypassed by the apocalypse. In December 2012, a large number of foreign nationals sought rescue from the apocalypse in the village of Rtanj and the surrounding villages. The apocalypse was still absent that year, but Rtanj became known worldwide as the mystical "Serbian pyramid".
Previously, Rtanj was visited mainly by mountaineers, herb collectors and hunting enthusiasts. After 2012, Rtanj becomes interesting to a much wider guest structure. It is frequented by holiday lovers of domestic crafts, even those who believe in conspiracy theories and expect to see aliens and flying saucers on Rtanj.
At the "Vrelo" energy site, which is believed to have the beneficial effects of natural magnesium, increasing number of tourists coming to relax and "recharge" the body. In addition to many beliefs in the mystical powers of Rtanj, science acknowledges that there is an anomaly of the geomagnetic field on Rtanj that cannot be explained.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Rtanj
- Departure from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade at 5.30 AM
- Arrival around 8.00h to Rtanj Mountain
- Short refreshment, preparation for ascend.
Ascend to the top Siljak
- Departure to ascend the north side. It is 7 km to the top. The northern side of Rtanj is especially beautiful because of the coniferous forest and rocky sections along the ridge.
- Around 1 pm we reach the top Šiljak at 1565 m. The whole trail has a total length of about 15 km, the ascent of about 1200 m and the descent of 970 m is overcome. Due to the winter conditions, the tour belongs to the moderate-challenging category. Caution and good concentration are needed when moving. The winter equipment mentioned in the program description in the additional notes is mandatory.
- After a short break at the top, descent to the southern side of Rtanj.
- After the tour, in agreement with the group, there is the possibility of organizing dinner at a nearby restaurant.
- After lunch, departure to Belgrade where we will arrive in the evening, around 10 PM.