The landscapes of Durmitor, in terms of beauty, are rarely an authentic work of nature. The mountain is also a national park in the northwest of Montenegro. The relief of Durmitor is characterized by a vast plateau at 1,500 m above sea level, intersected by deep canyon valleys from which rise imposing mountain peaks, of which 48 are with altitudes over 2000 m. The highest is Bobotov kuk sa 2.523 m.
The national park Durmitor includes the basic mountain mass of Durmitor, parts and areas of the lake and Piva mountain, the upper parts of the canyon valleys Grabovica and Komarnica, the canyon valley of the river Tara and the canyons of its tributaries Susica, Vaskovska river and Draga. The national park is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. One of the greatest decorations of Durmitor are glacial lakes created by the work of glaciers during the ice age. At over 1,500 meters above sea level there are 18 glacial lakes, with clear and cold water, and the people call them "mountain eyes". The biggest and most beautiful is Crno jezero (Black Lake). It got its name because of the reflection of the high coniferous forest that surrounds it.
On this exciting tour, three days of active hiking await us where you will get to know and experience Durmitor in the best way. Lovers of true mountaineering can expect an adrenaline-pumping ascent to Bobotov kuk and Šljeme. Recreationists can enjoy easier trails to Savin kuk, Prutaš and the charms of pearly glacial lakes.
|The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|17 h Beograd
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
A total of 3 nights with breakfast in Žabljak in private villas - double, triple and quadruple rooms with private bathrooms
Mountaineering tours according to a three-day program with licensed mountain guides - ascent to Šljeme, Savin and Bobotov Kuk, Prutaš, Crvena Greda and glacial lakes
Entrance ticket for 3 days for National Park Durmitor
Meals: 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch in a rural household
Transfers by van onsite
Tour organization and group coordinator
|International travel health insurance
Other meals and individual costs
- Necessary personal equipment for the Durmitor ascent to Bobotov Kuk and other hiking tours: Deep hiking shoes with a vibram sole, hiking poles, adequate clothing in accordance with the weather. Backpack with the necessary mountaineering equipment for three-day hiking, enough water (1.5-2 liters per day), energy bars, spare T-shirts, long hiking pants, raincoat, sunscreen, hat or cap, ID card, and health ID card. A helmet is needed for the final ascent to Bobotov Kuk. If you do not have your own, it can be rented for the price of 5 EUR.
- This hiking tours are not recommended for people with poor physical condition and / or health problems; Vodič zadržava pravo da ne povede na planinarenje osobe sa neadekvatnom opremom. Zabranjeno konzumiranje alkoholnih pića pre i tokom planinarenja; u slučaju vremenskih nepogoda i drugih objektivnih okolnosti planinarenje se može odložiti za drugi termin.
- When applying based on your previous mountaineering experience, in order to successfully implement the program, it will be decided whether you can go on harder or easier mountaineering tours.
- Those who do not want to hike, can spend time on their own and enjoy short walks in the surroundings.
Reservations for the Durmitor ascent to Bobotov Kuk tour:
- Prilikom prijave plaća se celokupan iznos ili ~ 40 % odnosno 95 EUR, a ostatak od 140 EUR najkasnije do 17.jula (plaćanje se vrši preko računa u dinarskoj protivvrednosti po srednjem kursu NBS-a na dan uplate).
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 190 EUR and includes the use of your transport on local roads. Reservations: Prilikom prijave plaća se celokupan iznos ili ~ 40 % odnosno 75 EUR, a ostatak od 115 EUR najkasnije do 17.jula (plaćanje se vrši preko računa u dinarskoj protivvrednosti po srednjem kursu NBS-a na dan uplate).
- Accommodation: dvokrevetne, trokrevetne i četvorokrevetne sobe sa sopstvenim kupatilima u privatnim vilama ili hotelu na Žabljaku
- Food: obezbeđena su tri doručka i ručak drugog dana. Postoji mogućnost lunch paketa za 2.i 3. dan po ceni od 5 EUR. Takođe moguća je večera u nekom od restorana na Žabljaku.
Conditions in case of cancellation by travelers:
- If the reservation is canceled within 30 days from the date of arrival of the group, the organizer does not charge a fee. If the reservation is canceled within 30 to 7 days from the date of arrival of the group, the organizer retains a fee of 40%. If the reservation is canceled in less than 7 days from the date of arrival of the group, the organizer retains a fee of 100%. Note: The advance payment upon cancellation is non-refundable, except in case of replacement by another passenger.
- In case of changes in the monetary market, as well as changes in the prices of carriers and other service providers, the agency reserves the right to adjust the price of the arrangement.
- The tour is organized for at least 18 registered passengers.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The tour is organized by “Balkanica travel agency”, Bijelo Polje. Travel agency Explore Balkans doo acts as a sub-agent of the travel organizer.
Day one: Belgrade - Žabljak
- Departure from Belgrade from the parking lot of the municipality of New Belgrade at 5 PM. Journey to Žabljak, where we arrive in the late evening hours, until midnight, with occasional breaks. Accommodation in a hotel or in private villas (double and triple rooms with bathrooms). Overnight.
Day two: Ascent to Šljeme and Savin Kuk
- After breakfast, transfer about 10 minutes to the start of the hiking tour ascent to Šljeme and Savin Kuk. Division of the group - one goes on a more demanding hiking tour to the top of Šljeme, and the other to Savin kuk.
- Šljeme (2,455 m) is the third highest peak of Durmitor, right after Bobotov Kuk (2,522 m) and Bezimeni vrh (2,487 m), and it could be said that it is actually not a peak but part of the Durmitor mountain massif.
- The common path for both peaks (Šljeme and Savin Kuk) passes near the starting station of the large cable car, and then forks into two variants. The paths diverge on a plateau at a height slightly higher than 1,700 meters above sea level, from which the left branch turns to the forest and grassy shelves on the northern slope towards Šljeme, and the path to Savin Kuk continues halfway up the macadam road to the right. From the plateau, there is an extraordinary view of the cirque that descends steeply from the summit of Šljemen and Savin Kuk.
- At about 1,800 m, a beautiful, spacious, steep grassy slope opens up (Čista strana), which you need to pass to the top, overcoming a difference in height of about 550 meters above sea level. Further towards the top, the path continues on a hard, grassy, easily passable terrain and exits to the aforementioned flattened ridge of Šljemen.
- From the trail, there is always an extraordinary view of the vast Jezerska Plateau, the Tara Canyon, the surrounding mountains and peaks, and especially of the imposing Savin Kuk (2,313 m), which we gradually rise above as we move towards the top of Šljemen. Climbing to the eastern peak of Šljemen (2,445 m) opens up a view of the entire massif of Durmitor, where the powerful structure of its peaks comes to the fore. Continuation in a length of about 1 km to the highest peak of Šljemen at 2,455 m. The top is grassy, covered with small stone slabs, spacious and safe, with an excellent view in all directions.
- Information about the hiking trail: moderate to demanding, total duration of about 8 hours with breaks, length of 11 km with a total ascent and descent of about 1000 m.
- Start of the trail: 1,513 m, from the parking lot of the Ski Center "Savin kuk"
- Goal: Šljeme, peak 2,455 m
- Altitude difference: 942 m
- Trail difficulty: moderate to demanding
- Length of the trail: 11 km
- Water on the trail: none
- Along with Medjed, Savin Kuk is the most famous peak for visitors of Durmitor. The path to the very top was made at the beginning of the twentieth century for the exit of Montenegrin King Nikola I. In addition, this peak is attractive because of the legend of Sava's water, which is claimed to be healing. The spring is located at 2212 m. According to the legend, the spring was created by the miracle of Saint Sava, who drew a cross on the ground with a stick, and water appeared there.
- Departure for the tour from the parking lot of the ski center. Trail length - 4.7 km x 2, Total ascent / descent - 800 m, Lowest point - 1512 m, Highest point - 2313 m
- The trail is technically demanding, it belongs to the moderate category. It takes about 3-4 hours to ascend to the peak. At the top, we will take a break to enjoy the surrounding views. The descent is the same path back.
- The entire trail is 9.5 km long. The total duration of the hiking tour is about 7 hours with breaks.
Day three: Ascent to Bobotov Kuk or Prutaš
- After breakfast, one group goes on a demanding hiking tour - ascent to the highest peak of Durmitor, Bobotov Kuk at 2523 m, which has long been considered the highest peak in Montenegro.
- The second group goes on a less demanding, but very attractive hiking tour - ascent to the peak Prutaš at 2393 m.
- Departure by van to the start of the hiking tour - about 35 minutes. Start from the Dobri parking lot at 1722 m.
- Ascent to Bobotov Kuk is a real experience for all lovers of true mountaineering, it provides a real experience of Durmitor and endless vistas.
- The beginning of the trail goes over grassy areas with a slight ascent, then under the rocks. Twisted beams above the sipar. We will reach Zeleni vir through a steep cut that requires foaming with your hands. The continuation of the trail is a beautiful valley, then a pass surrounded by the surrounding peaks of Durmitor, from where we will see our ultimate goal and challenge - Bobotov Kuk!
- There will be a steep climb over cliffs and stone surfaces, where we will enjoy a fantastic view of Škrčka lakes. The final part of the climb is exposed cliffs to the very top, which is secured with a cable, but requires extreme caution. The mountain peak itself is a stone surface with incredible views of: Šareni Pasovi, Prutaš, Bezimeni vrh, Crvena greda, Međed, Tara and Sušica canyon, a little further on Maglić, Bioč, Volujak, Moračke planine, Sinjajevina…
- The ascent to the peak takes 3.5 - 5 hours, depending on the readiness of the group. In one direction the trail is about 5.6 km long. The descent is part of the same path, and then the Sedlo pass is reached by another path.
- Altitude difference: 615 m + 346 m when ascending and descending along the trail, there is water on the trail.
- Total ascent: 1066 m
- Total descent: -1034 m
- Water on the trail: there is - the source of Surutka. You can also get water at the Studenac spring.
- The trail is technically demanding, it belongs to the medium-difficult category, you need caution and concentration during the final part of the ascent, as well as during the descent.
- The whole trail is about 11 km long, and the total duration of the hiking tour is about 8h-9h with breaks.
- Return to Žabljak. Leisure. Overnight.
- Going on a hiking trail, to the peak Prutaš at 2393 m which is one of the most attractive trails on Durmitor.
- The trail starts from Dobro dol at 1700 m, then goes to Škrčki ždrijelo. We will reach the top in about 3 hours, where we will take a break to relax and enjoy, while we are surrounded by magical massifs.
- The special beauty of the trail is given by the green mountain sides and the unusual sloping layers of "Prutovi", after which the peak was named.
- The whole trail is about 11 km long, with about 700 m of ascent and descent, and the total duration of the hiking tour is about 6 hours with breaks, it belongs to the easy-moderate category.
- Return to Žabljak. Leisure. Overnight.
Day four: Hiking tour Crvena Greda and glacial lakes
- After breakfast, at 7:30 a.m. departure for the tour ascend to Crvena Greda peak and glacial lakes. The start of the tour is from Momcilo's Town, from where there is a beautiful view of the town of Žabljak.
- It will take us about 2.5 hours to reach the top of Crvena Greda at 2,164 m. Part of it goes through glades and meadows, then a pine forest. On exiting the forest, you soon reach a viewpoint with a fantastic view of Lake Jablan and the entire massif of Crvena greda.
- Return part of the same path to Jablan Lake where we will take a break. We are followed by the most beautiful view of the Jezerska plateau.
- After a break, we continue through the forest to Black Lake where the path ends. Enjoying and taking a break at the largest and most attractive lake in Durmitor. Many travel writers and researchers felt the need to describe its shining surface, dark green, almost black color due to its depth and environment - dense forest and the Međed rock that seems to hold it in its arms.
- The entire trail is about 12 km long, with about 400 m of ascent and 600 m of descent, and belongs to the easy category. The total duration is about 6 hours with breaks.
- End walk along the paved walkway to the parking lot of the national park headquarters.
- Departure for Belgrade in the afternoon, around 3 pm. With stops along the way, we arrive in Belgrade around 11 p.m., with a note that the exact time of return depends on road conditions and stops along the way.