Price of the tour
Fruška Gora was an island in the former Pannonian Sea. Today, this 539 meter high mountain is the dominant land mass of the entire Pannonian plain. Its ridge is 75 kilometers long, and its entire surface is overgrown with oak, hornbeam, linden and beech forests. There are numerous springs and streams, which murmur most beautifully at the beginning of spring.
On this hiking tour of Fruška Gora in the spring, we will go from the Zmajevac picnic area, which offers an unusual view of the whole of Srem, to the Dumbovac waterfall, which is an authentic pearl of Fruška gora. Then we continue towards the unique Beli Majdan cave.
|Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Fruška Gora
Ticket to enter the National Park Fruska Gora
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking shoes with a Vibram sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to the weather conditions, we recommend hiking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- I group, more demanding trail
- Length: 17 km
- Total ascend/descend: 700 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: around 7h
- II group, easier trail
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: 600 m
- Category: easy-moderate
- Duration: around 4h
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3800 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2000 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3000 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Fruška Gora
- Departure from Belgrade at 7.30h
- Travel to Fruska Gora. After an hour and a half drive, we reach the starting point, the picnic area Zmajevac, from where our hiking tour starts.
Hiking tour at Fruška Gora
- Hiking tour starts around 9.15 AM from Zmajevac, to the lookout point on Vrdnik, then leads to Brankovac, from where there is a beautiful view of Novi Sad. We continue walking to the real jewel of Fruška Gora, Dumbovacki waterfall. After that there is ascend to Vrata raja (The gates of heaven). We reach Zmajevac again and continue towards the Beli Majdan cave. Along the way we visit the unique cultural monument on Fruška Gora, Rakovac hermitage from the XVIII century, which is carved into the limestone rocks. We'll get soon to the Beli Majdan cave or Rakovačka cave which is an old quarry, formed by excavating granite stone. The hall is about 4 m high, and its vault is held by stone pillars. The entrance is several tens of meters wide.
- The hiking tour is of moderate difficulty, lasting a total of about 7 hours with breaks. It is 17 km long, with about 700 m of ascent.
- If someone doesn't want to hike the whole trail, the trail can be shortened with the end at Zmajevac, near the motel Zmajevac. U tom slučaju staza je dužine 12 km, sa oko 600 m ukupnog uspona i spada u srednje-laku kategoriju.
- After a hiking tour, a late afternoon lunch can be arranged at a nearby restaurant.
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 8 pm.