The Homolj mountains belong to the Carpathian-Balkan group of mountains. They are located in Eastern Serbia with a west-east direction, between the Zviška basin in the north and the Žagubička basin in the south, as well as between the Mlava basin in the west and the source parts of Gornji Pek in the east. They are built mainly of slate and limestone, which gives them a unique appearance and character. The average height is about 900 meters, and the highest peak is Oman at 962 m. The mountains are rich in dense oak and beech forest and many river sources, which descend from the slopes.
The entire area of Homolje is a real ecological oasis with numerous watermills, interesting caves, legends, myths, and customs.
On this tour, we will climb to the top of Veliki Vranj at 864 m, which occupies a central position in the Homolj mountains. Our route will take us past the source of the Krepoljinska River, along a forest path. From the top of Veliki Vranj, there is a spectacular view of the surroundings. On the way down, we will visit three caves (Hajdučka, Pogana, and Mijucića caves) located in this area. Each of them hides its own story and unique beauty. We will refresh ourselves and enjoy the peace of nature at the spring of the Komnenska River, which represents the end of the underground course of the river that plunges into the nearby Pogana Pećina. At the beginning of spring, the water level is high and a beautiful waterfall is formed, popularly known as Mijucića waterfall.
|Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation from Belgrade
Guide and organization of the tour
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Homoljska Mountain-Veliki Vranj tour: Deep hiking shoes with a Vibram sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to the weather conditions, we recommend hiking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 16 km
- The lowest point: 290 m
- The highest peak: 884 m
- Total ascend/descend: oko 780 m/750 m
- Category: moderate, hiking along dirt and forest roads and partly rocky sections
- Duration: about 7h-8h with breaks
- A minimum of 18 registrants is required for the implementation of the Homoljske Mountains-Veliki Vranj tour.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4400 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come with your own transport, the price of the tour is 2400 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3400 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- Transportation from Novi Sad: the surcharge is 1200 dinars. Another option is to take the train to the Novi Beograd railway station, where you can wait for our transport. You can see the timetable here.
- Accident insurance: in order for this type of insurance to be active, you need to send us your personal number (JMBG) when registering.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizers is 2 days before departure
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Petrovac on Mlava - Krepoljin
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Traveling by highway through Požarevac, then Petrovac na Mlava to the village of Krepoljin. Driving for about 2 hours. A coffee break on the way.
Mountaineering tour to the peak of Veliki Vranj
- Departure for the hiking tour around 9:30 am.
- The hiking tour starts from the village of Krepoljin and goes along a forest path, next to the Krepoljin river and the very source of the river.
- The path to the very top in the last 100 meters is rocky and has sharp stones, so caution is required. The peak of Veliki Vranj at 884 m is marked by the shape of a stone mushroom. We will take a break at the top. It offers a phenomenal view of the surrounding peaks of the Homolje mountains.
- After a break and rest, there is a descent on another track. The downhill path is a combination of meadows and mixed forest. We will visit three unorganized caves (Hajdučka, Pogana, and Mijucića caves) which are interesting each in their own way. We will take a longer break at the last Mijucić cave, near which it is located Komnenski waterfall. In its interior, there is also a small lake.
- Information about a hiking trail: length about 16 km, duration about 7h-8h with breaks, with a height difference of 594 m, total ascent, and descent about 780/750 m. The trail belongs to the moderate category.
- After the hiking tour, if desired, we can organize lunch in one of the nearby restaurants.
- Departure for Belgrade where we will arrive by 9 pm.