Ovcar-Kablar Gorge kayaking - one-day adventure. Rowing along the vertical cliffs of the gorge will give you real pleasure and relaxation on the water.
Protected natural area with about 150 species of birds, 30 species of fish and more than 600 plant species. It is distinguished by the steep, high limestone sides with several caves. The gorge is carved between the 985 meters high mountain of Ovčar on the south and 889 meters high Kablar on the north, thus gaining its name. Ovcar spa and famous monasteries are situated here.
|MEETING POINT||Ovcar Banja|
|DEPARTURE TIME||11 a.m. (before noon)
3 pm (afternoon appointment)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Kayaking tour and necessary equipment, accompanied by experienced kayak instructors
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED||Transportation to Ovcar Banja
Other individual costs
- Equipment for Ovcar-Kablar Gorge kayaking: It is best to wear a synthetic T-shirt because it dries quickly and shorts. Under a T-shirt and shorts, it is best to wear a swimsuit. You can wear slippers or sneakers. If it is very hot, be sure to bring sunscreen: a hat, sunglasses and creams with a UV factor. Bring spare upholstery and spare shoes. Bring enough water, at least 1 liter, some food (chocolates, fruit).
- Tour Ovčar-Kablar gorge kayaking belongs to the easy category. No previous experience is necessary for kayaking, before the start, the instructors hold a short course.
- The tour is organized for a minimum of 10 people. In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
- Travel to Ovčar Banja, arrival by 11 a.m. (morning appointment) and at 3 p.m. (afternoon appointment).
- A short break for refreshment.
Kayaking adventure through the Ovcar-Kablar Gorge
- Preparing for the kayaking tour, taking equipment (belt, paddle, kayak), instructions from instructors
- The start of the kayak tour of the first group at 11 a.m. and the second group at 3 p.m. The duration of the adventure is about 4 hours with breaks for rest and photography.
- The length of the trail is 9 km.
- After the kayak tour, it is possible to go to a nearby restaurant in Ovčar Banja for lunch.