Tupižnica is an interesting mountain in eastern Serbia located between Zaječar, Knjaževac and Boljevac. It belongs to the Beli Timok basin, and is also known by the name Lasovačka planina. It has a conical shape, in the west it ends with a high rocky section, while in the east it has the appearance of a slightly inclined plateau. Meridian-oriented limestone mountain with numerous surface and underground karst landforms. It is characterized by the presence of pits, the largest of which is Ledenica, where snow and ice remain almost all year round.
Its peak with the same name is 1162 m high. On this circular hiking tour, we will go right to the highest peak of Tupižnica, where we will have phenomenal views of the surroundings. We will admire and enjoy the view of unique Rtanj.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.00 h|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Mountaineering tour on Tupižnica
Group coordinator and tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Tupižnica mountain tour: Deep hiking shoes with Vibram soles or sports shoes with stronger soles, adequate clothing according to the weather conditions. A backpack with the necessary mountaineering equipment for a one-day action. We also recommend hiking poles. Be sure to bring enough water (1.5 l) and some food (one meal-sandwich, snacks, energy bars, fruit), a spare t-shirt, long pants or tracksuit, raincoat, sunscreen, cap, ID card and health card.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 730 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: around 6h-7h with breaks
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2400 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3000 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- The tour Tupižnica mountain is organized for at least 18 registered passengers.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions or an insufficient number of registered passengers, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
- Photos used: Tupižnica mountain, Tupižnica moutain –Geograf208, CC BY-SA 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons, Gordana Rožek.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade – Bučje
- Departure from Belgrade from the parking lot of Novi Beograd municipality at 6 am
- Traveling on the highway to Paraćin, via Boljevac to the village of Bučje. Coffee/breakfast break on the way lasting 30 minutes.
- Arrival at the village of Bučje at the foot of Tupižnica mountain by 10:00 a.m.
Mountaineering tour on Tupižnica
- Short preparation for hiking. The tour starts from the village of Bučje.
- In the first half of the trail there is a constant climb through the forest. After 6 km, we will reach the ridge and follow a gentle climb to the top.
- We will take a break at the top of Tupižnice at an altitude of 1162 m. We will enjoy magnificent views of the surroundings and the unique Rtanj and its pyramid.
- The descent from the top is on open ground. The trail repeats itself in the last 2 km.
- After the hiking tour, a break in the center of the village.
- Information about a hiking trail: moderate, length 16 km, time about 6 to 7 hours with breaks, total ascent/descent 730 m.
- The planned departure for Belgrade is at 19:00, and the return is around 22:30.