Hiking tour in Fruška Gora National Park. Once upon a time, Fruška Gora was a lonely island in the Pannonian Sea. Now it is a beautiful mountain with gentle slopes, centuries-old forests, vineyards and numerous monasteries.
On this tour, we will follow a circular hiking trail from Iriski Venac to the Ledinacko lake, along the Ruben's circle path to Zmajevac.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Fruska Gora
Ticket to enter the National Park Fruska Gora
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a vibram sole or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: 350 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- A minimum of 18 registrants is required for the realization of the Fruška gora hiking tour.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 2900 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1600 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2200 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
Iriski Venac (wreath) - a crossroad of Fruška Gora roads
Iriski Venac is a place where crosses almost all the routes to the most popular areas in Fruska Gora. There are a lot of hiking trails. All the people who visit this place have a lot of opportunities for physical activities and quality active holidays, where can enjoy both individuals and families.
Ledinacko Lake is located on the northern slope of Fruška Gora, not far from the village of Stari Ledinci. The lake was formed during the NATO bombing in 1999. Damaged pumps of abandoned quarry "Silver" stopped pumping water from quarries. Groundwater, as well as water from two rivers, began to fill the quarry, creating a lake. The lake is in the shape of a bean grain and almost from all sides is surrounded by steep cliffs. The water on the surface is green and clean, due to constant inflow from the tributary, and cold during the summer months. Access to the lake is not allowed, as it is privately owned, but you can reach the viewpoint where a beautiful view.
Zmajevac picnic area on Fruska Gora mountain
Zmajevac is located on the highest parts of Fruška Gora, and from this magnificent place, there is an unusual view of the entire Srem. This is one of the favorite destinations for all nature lovers and those who want to perfectly spend their day in such an environment.
There is a large number of wooden benches, tables, and summerhouses. So, after running, hiking, or cycling, this is an ideal place to have a break.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Fruska Gora
- Departure from Belgrade at 7.30h
- Travel to Fruska Gora. After an hour and a half drive, we reach the starting point at Iriški Venac from where our hiking tour starts.
Hiking tour at Fruska Gora
- Departure for a hike around 9:15 a.m. from Iriški venc to the beautiful viewpoint to Ledinacko lake turquoise color. After a short break at the viewpoint, we continue on the path Ruben's circle to Zmajevac, picnic areas where we will take a break and from where there is an unusual view of the whole of Srem.
- The hiking tour is easy, with a total duration of about 4 hours with breaks. It is 12 km long, with about 350 m of ascent and descent. Most of it goes along forest paths.
Lunch at a nearby winery or restaurant
- After the hike, a late afternoon lunch can be arranged at a nearby winery or farmhouse.
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 8 pm.