Deliblato Sands–Zagaj Hills
One-day hiking tour in Deliblato Sands on its beautiful Zagaj Hills. It is an unusual landscape on the northeastern edge. Attractive globular hillocks are ancient sand dunes, partly covered the forest, partly with steppe vegetation, a unique relic of the Pannonian plain landscape.
Sightseeing of the renovated Ram Fortress, where the most beautiful sunsets on the Danube are.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h (Novi Sad)
7 h (Beograd)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation
Hiking tour with a guide
Ticket for the special nature reserve "Deliblato sands"
Transport by ferry to the Ram fortress (only for passengers in organized transport)
Ticket for Ram Fortress (200 dinars if it is a group ticket, 300 dinars if it is an individual)
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the tour Zagaj Hills: standard for hiking tours, hiking shoes or sneakers with a stronger sole, adequate clothing in accordance with the weather. Backpack, enough water and some food (fruit, snacks…)
- The tour falls into the easy category. Everyone who loves enjoying nature can participate in this hiking action, it is also suitable for children.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 300 m
- Category: easy, hiking across meadows and grassy hills, forest and dirt roads
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 2800 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1100 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1700 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card). Passengers who come by their own transport, and want to go on a tour of the Ram Fortress, the price of crossing the car by ferry, depends on the number of passengers and the size of the car. If it is a medium-sized car, the price of crossing with the driver and all passengers is a total of 1200 dinars per car and is paid on the spot.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Deliblato Sands
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Transfer to the village Grebenac at the edge of Deliblato Sands
Hiking tour to Zagaj Hills
- Start at 9 AM
- Going to the ridge where the views of the steppe valleys between the hill open up; A beautiful circular path leads to the highest point where the monument is located
- After the monument, the trail slowly descends between hills and circularly returns to the start
- The length of the trail is about 15 km, with no major ascend and high altitude differences. We will pass the trail in about 4.5 hours.
Stara Palanka-Ram Fortress
- After hiking tour, departure to Stara Palanka at the confluence of the river Nera and the Danube.
- Going to one of the famous fish restaurants in Stara Palanka, of which there are many in this village.
- In Stara Palanka there is a ferry that leads to the Ram fortress on the other side of the Danube. Crossing the ferry to Ram and sightseeing of the Ram fortress where the sunsets are most beautiful on the Danube.
- The Ram fortress: the fortress is near the place that carries the same name. In this area, there was a Roman complex Laderata from where the emperor Traian crossed the Danube on his expedition to Dacia. The Roman location was the base for the Turkish fortress built in the XV century by Mehmet Pasha. Epigraphic monuments, jewelry, plastics, and ceramics are indicated on the ancient settlement. At the Roman site in the 15th century, Strong walls and five towers were built of stone, around the fortress there was a trench, and something further caravan saraj.
- Povratak u Beograd u večernjim satima do 21h