One-day hiking tour in Deliblato Sands on its beautiful Zagaj Hills. It is an unusual landscape on the northeastern edge. Attractive globular hillocks are ancient sand dunes, partly covered the forest, partly with steppe vegetation, a unique relic of the Pannonian plain landscape.
For all nature lovers, this tour is the right choice, especially in autumn, when the landscape takes on a special charm with its warm and enchanting colors. Prepare your hiking gear and join us on this unforgettable adventure in the Deliblat Sandstone.
Tour of the restored Ram fortress, where there are the most beautiful sunsets on the Danube. You will experience a scene that remains etched in your memory and provides an indescribable harmony with nature.
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|5.30h (Novi Sad)
7 h (Beograd)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Hiking tour with a guide
Ticket for the special nature reserve "Deliblato sands"
Transport by ferry to the Ram fortress (only for passengers in organized transport)
Ticket for Ram Fortress (200 dinars if it is a group ticket, 300 dinars if it is an individual)
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Zagaj Hills tour in autumn: standard for hiking tours, hiking shoes or sneakers with a stronger sole, adequate clothing in accordance with the weather. Backpack, enough water and some food (fruit, snacks…)
- The tour falls into the easy category. Everyone who loves enjoying nature can participate in this hiking action, it is also suitable for children.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 300 m
- Category: easy, hiking across meadows and grassy hills, forest and dirt roads
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- Za realizaciju ture Zagajička brda, neophodno je minimum 18 prijavljenih.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4400 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: the surcharge is 1200 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2200 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3200 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card). For passengers who come by their own transport, and want to go on a tour of the Ram Fortress, the price of crossing the car by ferry, depends on the number of passengers and the size of the car. If it is a medium-sized car, the price of crossing with the driver and all passengers is a total of 1800 dinars per car and is paid on the spot.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Deliblato Sands
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Transfer to the village Grebenac at the edge of Deliblato Sands
Hiking tour to Zagaj Hills
- Start at 9 AM
- Going to the ridge where the views of the steppe valleys between the hill open up; A beautiful circular path leads to the highest point where the monument is located
- After the monument, the trail slowly descends between hills and circularly returns to the start
- The length of the trail is about 15 km, without major steep climbs and large height differences. The trail is crossed in about 5 hours of hiking.
Stara Palanka-Ram Fortress
- After hiking tour, departure to Stara Palanka at the confluence of the river Nera and the Danube.
- Going to one of the famous fish restaurants in Stara Palanka, of which there are many in this village.
- In Stara Palanka there is a ferry that leads to the Ram fortress on the other side of the Danube. Crossing the ferry to Ram and sightseeing of the Ram fortress where the sunsets are most beautiful on the Danube.
- The Ram fortress: the fortress is near the place that carries the same name. In this area, there was a Roman complex Laderata from where the emperor Traian crossed the Danube on his expedition to Dacia. The Roman location was the base for the Turkish fortress built in the XV century by Mehmet Pasha. Epigraphic monuments, jewelry, plastics, and ceramics are indicated on the ancient settlement. At the Roman site in the 15th century, Strong walls and five towers were built of stone, around the fortress there was a trench, and something further caravan saraj.
- Return to Belgrade in the evening until 9 pm