Bešnjaja belongs to the Šumadija mountains, it is located 17 km from Kragujevac. The mountain is rich in beech forest, it has been declared an air spa, because it has a large number of thermal springs and sources of drinking water. Its highest peak is Lisa Laz at 613 m.
On this tour, we will go on a circular hiking trail, which is given special beauty by the canyon of the river Voljevica, as well as by a pure beech forest. Apart from Voljevica, the Bešnjaja river flows through the mountain, as well as the Osaonica river, which flows through the village of Bukorovac, from where our hiking trail starts.
|Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Hiking tour with a guide
A guide and the tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Bešnja hiking tour: standard for hiking tours, hiking shoes or sports shoes with a stronger sole, adequate layered clothing according to the weather conditions, hiking poles are recommended. Backpack, enough water and some food (fruit, snacks, sandwich)
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 600 m
- Category: moderate-easy, mostly on forest roads over meadows and grassy hills
- Duration: about 6 hours with breaks
- A minimum of 18 registrants is required for the realization of the Bešnjaja hiking tour.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4100 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2100 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3100 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Kragujevac - Bukorovac
- Departure from Belgrade at 7:00 a.m. from the parking lot of the municipality of New Belgrade.
- Travel by highway via Kragujevac to the village of Bukorovac, lasting about 2 hours.
- Coffee break on the way lasting about 30 minutes.
Hiking tour on Bešnjaja
- Short preparation for hiking. Departure to the hiking trail around 10am from the water mill.
- The first part of the trail goes over grassy hills with views of the surrounding hills. Then you go along the forest road and come out on the ridge of Bešnjaja.
- After 2 hours of hiking, we descend and reach the most attractive part of the trail, to canyon of the river Voljevica. Passing through untouched nature along the river itself, where we will be accompanied by the murmur of cascades. After passing the canyon, there is an ascent through a beautiful beech forest. We reach the picnic area where we will take a short rest break.
- We go out again to the main ridge of Bešnjaja, then we pass by the former children's resort. We reach Đura's fountain without major differences in height. From there, the path leads to the pass located below the highest peak of Bešnjaja - Lisin Laz (613 m) and to a meadow with a beautiful view towards Kragujevac. From the viewpoint, the path leads over Vrletnica (532 m) and descends to the valley of Osaonica.
- We end the hike in the village of Bukorovac.
- Information about a hiking trail: the trail is about 15 km long, with a total ascent and descent of about 600 m and belongs to the moderate-easy category. It takes about 6 hours to walk. The trail leads mainly through forest roads.
- After the hike, a late lunch at a nearby restaurant.
- Departure for Belgrade, where we arrive no later than 9 p.m.