Gledic Mountains with its highest peak, Samar (922 m) belongs to the group of Šumadija mountains and after Rudnik are the highest mountains in Šumadija. Interspersed with river valleys of the Dulenska River, Lepenica River, and Grošnica River, as well as numerous pastures and vast forests, the Gledić Mountains are ideal for hiking, mountaineering and spending time in nature. At the foot of the mountain are the monasteries Kalenić and a little further Ljubostinja. They faithfully bear witness to the history of this region, as do numerous other monasteries.
On this tour, we will hike to the highest peak of Samar. We will visit the Kalenić monastery, as well as a local winery where we will taste excellent Šumadija wines.
|The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|6.30 h Beograd
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour in Gledic Mountains
Guide and organization of the tour
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking shoes with Vibram soles, backpack, and layered clothing, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit). In winter conditions, when there is snow or mud on the trail, we recommend gaiters bring spare clothing (sneakers, socks, t-shirt).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 14 km
- Total ascend: around 400 m
- Category: easy-moderate
- Duration: oko 5 h
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4500 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2500 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3500 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- Accident insurance: in order for this type of insurance to be active, you need to send us your personal number (JMBG) when registering.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizers is 2 days before departure
- Photos used in the gallery: Gledic Mountains: Maja Stosic, CC BY-SA 4.0, manastir Kalenić: Vanilica, CC BY-SA 4.0
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Kragujevac - the village Šljivica - the Kalenić monastery
- Departure from Belgrade from the parking lot of Novi Beograd municipality at 6.30h
- Traveling on the highway via Kragujevac to the village of Šljivica at the foot of the Gledić Mountains. A break for morning coffee on the way to Kragujevac.
- Arrival to the Kalenić Monastery. A short visit to the monastery from the 15th century. This women's monastery was built in the period from 1407-1413 and is among the most important cultural monuments in our country. The church is dedicated to the Presentation of the Lord and belongs to the Moravian school. The monastery was reconstructed in the period from 1928 to 1930, and its frescoes are among the best preserved in Serbian monasteries.
Hiking tour in Gledic Mountains
- Departure for a hike around 10 a.m. from the village of Šljivica to Samar peak (922 m) in the Gledić mountains. The length of the path to the top is about 6.5 km. A short break at the top to rest and enjoy the view of beautiful Šumadija.
- Descent from the top of Gledić Mountains to the Kalenić monastery on a length of about 7.5 km, where the trail ends.
- Information about a hiking trail: circular path, 14 km long, belongs to the easy-moderate category, duration of 5 to 6 paths with breaks, and a total ascent/descent of about 400 m.
Local private winery
- After the hiking tour, we will visit a local winery where we will try excellent local Šumadija wines.
- Departure for Belgrade, where we arrive around 8 pm.