Are you ready for the ski-mountaineering weekend in one of the most beautiful mountains in Serbia - the Old Mountain?
Oh yes, you heard that right! Starting this year, we include SKIING in our winter offer of outdoor activities. ⛷
Old Mountain (Stara Planina) - belongs to the group of mountain ranges, and its main range extends approximately from Zaječar to the Black Sea at a length of about 550 km. Another name for Stara Planina is Balkan, which is how the entire Balkan Peninsula got its name. The total area of the Stara Planina massif, which encompasses Serbia, is 1,802 km² and is a protected natural monument with numerous reserves, waterfalls, and relic plant and animal species.
Old Mountain, as a high mountain massif, offers a huge potential for developing tourism even in the winter season of the year.
As much as five months a year it is under snow, which along with its altitude provides a great opportunity for developing ski slopes. The mountain is ideal for those who are just learning to ski and those who have been skiers for many years.
On this weekend, we will have the opportunity to ski and learn to ski on the Old Mountain, but also to hike. It awaits us as an ascent to attractive peaks, on Babin Zub, which is one of the symbols of the Old Mountain, as well as the ascent to the highest peak Midžor at 2169 m. We will enjoy snowy landscapes from the tops of this mountain.
|The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|03.00 h, after midnight
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Accommodation in the mountain hut Midžor, based on a half board service in triple and quadruple rooms
Two days of mountaineering tours with a mountain guide
Transfer prema programu
Guide services and all activities according to the program
|Ski pass - a two-day ski pass is 5250 dinars per person, on the following link you can see the current prices for the ski pass. If everyone is in favor, we can take a group ski pass and get a small discount on it.
Lunch during the two days of stay
Other individual costs
Surcharge for departure from Novi Sad - 1200 RSD
- Equipment for the Old Mountain tour - a ski weekend adventure: Ski jacket and ski pants, gloves, ski helmet, ski goggles, backpack, ski boots, skis, and poles. Of course, we recommend fine and light options such as quick-drying synthetic materials, polyester or merino wool under ski equipment. You can also rent ski equipment if you don't have any of the above.
- On both days we will organize mountaineering actions. Equipment for mountaineering at the Old Mountain: Deep hiking boots with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, gaiters, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, leggings, gloves, phantom, sunglasses), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
Information on hiking trails:
- The first day - ascent to Babin Zub peak
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 400 m
- Category: easy-moderate
- Duration: around 5h with breaks
- Second day - ascent to Midžor
- Length: 16 km
- Total ascend/descend: about 750 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: around 8 hours with breaks
- Own transportation: In case you come with your transport, the price of a tour is 10600 dinars (with Explore Serbia's membership tickets) or 11600 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 14200 dinars.
- The ski tour on Old Mountain is organized for a minimum of 19 registered passengers.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions, lack of snow, or insufficient number of registered passengers, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
- Food: In the mountain hut Midžor, we have dinner on the first day of our stay and breakfast on the second day.
- Accommodation: the mountain hut Midžor, triple, quadruple and six-bed rooms with private bathrooms.
- Double rooms: It is possible for an extra charge, accommodation would be in the hotel „Babin Zub“, the surcharge is 2100 dinars per person.
- Reservation: when applying, 40% of the total amount is paid, ie. 5300 dinars, and the rest of 7900 dinars no later than March 1, 2024.
- A guide for the first ski experience: Blog article to help you prepare for skiing.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
If the Traveler cancels the trip in a timely manner (90 to 45 days), the Organizer has the right to compensation only for the incurred administrative costs.
- 10% if the trip is cancelled 44 to 30 days before the start of the trip,
- 20% if cancelled 29 to 20 days before the start of the trip,
- 40% if cancelled 19 to 15 days before the start of the trip,
- 80% if canceled 14 to 10 days before the start of the trip,
- 90% if canceled 9 to 6 days before the start of the trip,
- 100% if cancelled 5 to 0 days before the start of the trip or during the trip.
The organizer reserves the right to correct prices due to changes in the monetary market or changes in accommodation or transportation prices. The organizer reserves the right to change the travel program (the order of certain contents in the program due to objective circumstances).
This program is valid General travel conditions tourist agency Explore Balkans doo. License number: OTP B-41/2023.
First day (Saturday): Belgrade - Old Mountain
- Departure from Belgrade at 3 in the morning, parking lot of the municipality of New Belgrade.
- Journey to Niš to Stara planina, with a stop.
- Arrival in mountain hut Midžor. Upon arrival, we leave things, change to ski/mountaineering equipment, and move on the trail. Accommodation is in multiple rooms, and check in is from 4 pm.
- Going to ski / hiking. Whoever wants to ski / learn to ski, will spend the day on the ski slope. There are several ski trails on the old mountain. There are currently as many as 13,000 m of slopes, 6 cable cars, and ski lifts. Of the nine ski slopes - 4 easy, of which 1 is for children, 3 medium, and 2 difficult.
- For those who are not sure of their skiing abilities or simply did not have the opportunity to try this activity, we set aside the whole morning for skiing lessons. Lessons are not included in the price. When registering, please highlight that you want ski lessons. You can take a one-on-one class or we can match you up with someone else.
- The second group goes to the mountain footpath, ascent to the top of the Babin Zub at 1758 m. The top is one of the symbols of the Old Mountain, where one rock is pampered and resembles an old tooth with its shape. The length of the trail is 12 km, with a total ascent/descent of around 400 m, the time around 5 hours with breaks. Due to the possible deep snow, it belongs to the medium-light category.
- The rest of the day you can ski with our guides and enjoy the winter idyll.
- After skiing and hiking, we come to accommodation and are distributed by rooms.
- Free time for individual activities. If you want to complete your free time in a fun way, you can take some of the social games. Hanging out. Also, after skiing and mountainous activities, it is possible to use Wellness and spa services at the "Stara Planina" Hotel. The guests of the mountain hut "Midžor" and hotel "Babin Zub" have a discount for the use of these services, the price is 1920 dinars.
- Dinner. Overnight.
Second day (Sunday): Old Mountain - Belgrade
- Doručak. Odjava iz planinarskog doma. Transfer do ski staze.
- The second group goes to the mountain footpath, ascent to the highest peak Midžor at 2169 m.
- Hiking ranges from a mountain hut. The path to the top is about 8 km long. The mountaineering trail goes first across the ski slope, then to the top of the Žarkova Čuka at 1850 m. The ascent to the top is constant, there are no technical demanding shares, and is overlooked in about 4 hours, depending on the amount of snow on the trail.
- We will take a break at the top, where we will enjoy fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. If the visibility is good, we will be rewarded with views as far as the Carpathians in Romania.
- After the break, there is a return, partly along the ridge, then mostly along the same path to the mountain lodge.
- Information about the mountain trail: moderate, length 16 km, time about 8 hours with breaks, total ascent/descent 750 m.
- We will ski/hike for up to 16 hours, after which we head to Belgrade.
- Arrival in Belgrade in the evening, with breaks on the way, around 10 pm.